Cardiff Royal Infirmary


Cardiff Royal Infirmary is built on the site of the former Longcross Barracks. The barracks were demolished in 1880 and the Infirmary opened in 1883 at a cost of £23,000 and then called the Glamorgan and Monmouthshire Infirmary and Dispensary.  It was renamed Cardiff Infirmary in 1895 and King Edward VII Hospital in 1911 and from 1923 Cardiff Royal Infirmary. 

The early 1900s when it was called the Glamorganshire and Monmouthshire Infirmary and Dispensary. The Cardiff Institute for the Blind can be seen in the background to the right of the water fountain.
Cardiff Royal Infirmary Ward - unknown year
An unknown ward at Cardiff Royal Infirmary around 1906
Nurses leaving the wrecked nurses home of CRI with their salvaged processions following an air raid
Nurses leaving the wrecked nurses home of CRI with their salvaged processions following a WWII air raid
Cardiff Royal Infirmary in the 1950s