Splott Park dates back to 1902. The history of the park is nicely documented on the Cardiff Parks website.
It was built on 18 acres of land donated by the Tredegar estate. Work on the pool began in Oct 1921 and was completed by March 1922. It was officially opened in 14 Aug1922. New covered baths were constructed on the site of the former outdoor baths in 1976 and were refurbished in 2003.