The stone cross war memorial stands in front of St Saviour’s church on Splott Road, Cardiff. It was unveiled on 11th November 1921 in a ceremony attended by Lord Tredegar.
The memorial contains 139 names of men who died in WWI. The memorial was fully restored in 1996. Most of the names on the slate tablets on the memorial had been obliterated. The names were rediscovered due to an appeal by letter to the readers of the Cardiff Echo. The inscription reads:
TO THE GLORY OF GOD THIS CALVARY / WAS ERECTED IN MEMORY / OF THOSE WHO DIED / IN THE GREAT WAR 1914 – 1918 / AND RESTORED TO COMMEMORATE THOSE WHO DIED IN THE / 2ND WORLD WAR / AND SUBSEQUENT CONFLICTS / MAY THEY REST IN PEACE /